For a long period of time, his research interests have been in the fields of micro/nano sensors and MEMS/NEMS. He was a Research Engineer with Shenyang Institute of Instrumentation Technology, Shenyang, China, for five years. He was also with The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon, Hong Kong, as a Research Associate and with Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, as a Research Fellow. He then joined Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, as a Lecturer (Center of Excellence Research Fellowship). Since 2001, he has been a Professor with the Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai. From 2007 he has been serving as the Director of the State Key Laboratory of Transducer Technology, China. He has also served as Adjunct Professor in Fudan University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Dalian University of Technology, ShanghTech University and Shuzhou University. He has invented more than 100 patents and published about 400 papers in refereed journals and conference proceedings (including more than 200 SCI papers). He is on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering,Scientific Reports and Nature Publication Group journal of Microsystems & Nanoengineering. Prof. Xinxin Li served as the Technical Program Committee member for IEEE MEMS 2008, 2011, 2017 and 2018, IEEE Sensors from 2002 to 2014. From 2014 to now, he has been serving as an International Steering Committee member for the conference of Transducers. Prof. Li had been granted the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholar in 2007. His PhD student was awarded National Excellent 100 PhD Dissertation in 2009.
The Winner of National Outstanding Youth Science Foundation
CAS 100 & New Century Talents project national candidates
The Leading Talent in Shanghai
Second prize of the State technological invention award (individual ranking third) in 2012
First prize of the Shanghai Municipal Science and Technology Progress Award (technical invention)
He was a Research Engineer with Shenyang Institute of Instrumentation Technology, Shenyang, China, for five years. He was also with The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon, Hong Kong, as a Research Associate and with Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, as a Research Fellow. He then joined Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, as a Lecturer (Center of Excellence Research Fellowship). Since 2001, he has been a Professor with the Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai. From 2007 he has been serving as the Director of the State Key Laboratory of Transducer Technology, China. He has also served as Adjunct Professor in Fudan University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Dalian University of Technology, ShanghTech University and Shuzhou University.
Professor Xinxin Li, he long-term research of micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS/NEMS) and micro -nano sensor technology is one of the internationally renowned scholars and domestic academic leaders. He have been authorized and accepted nearly 100 patents, more than 10 have been authorized to transfer to the enterprise into productivity and economic benefits, and provide technical MEMS sensor products for important engineering countries have made outstanding contributions. There are about 160 SCI papers published in international journals such as IEEE EDL SCI, IEEE J-MEMS, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., IEEE T-ED, IEEE T-MTT, IEEE/ASME Trans Mech, Small Adv, Func Mat, Anal Chem, Lab Chip, J Mat Chem, Chem Comm, ACS AMI, JMM Sens, Actuators B. International conference published more than and 100 papers, including three areas of difficult international conference on IEEE IEDM admitted in the papers, Transducers and IEEE MEMS had published about 100 articles in a number of international SCI. Journal and “Chinese Science”published a special review papers, in a number of International Conference and report to the general assembly
B.S., semiconductor physics and devices ,1973-1987,Tsinghua University
Ph.D., microelectronics,1993-1998,Fudan University
2012，Resonant MEMS sensing platform for health/environment monitoring，The 9th Annual Australia-China Symposium on Healthy Ageing: New approaches from genomics, stem cells and smart technologies,Australia
2016，IDM Pattern for industrialization of innovative MEMS technology，MEMS Engineer Forum，Japan
2016，Restore alchemy to chemistry: About optimal sensing-material development,International Conference on Commercialization of Transducer & MEMS，China
2016，MEMS/NEMS—as both the lowest-cost technique and the most-valuable scientific tool，Joint Symposium of the 18thAnnual Conference of Chinese Society of Micro-Nano Technology and Microsystems & Nanoengineering Summit 2016 (CSMNT2016 & MAN2016)，China
1. Xu, P. C.; Yu, H. T.; Li, X. X., Microgravimetric Analysis Method for Activation-Energy Extraction from Trace-Amount Molecule Adsorption. Analytical Chemistry 2016, 88, (9), 4903-4908.
2. Xu, T.; Xu, P.; Zheng, D.; Yu, H.; Li, X. X., Metal-organic Frameworks (MOFs) for Resonant-Gravimetric Detection of Trace-Level Xylene Molecules. Analytical Chemistry 2016, 88, 12234-12240.
3. Zhu, L. L.; Zhang, Y.; Xu, P. C.; Wen, W. J.; Li, X. X.; Xu, J. Q., PtW/MoS2 hybrid nanocomposite for electrochemical sensing of H2O2 released from living cells. Biosensors & Bioelectronics 2016, 80, 601-606.
4. Qin, N.; Zhang, S. Q.; Jiang, J. J.; Gilbert Corder, S.; Qian, Z. G.; Zhou, Z. T.; Lee, W.; Liu, K. Y.; Wang, X. H.; Li, X. X.; Shi, Z. F.; Mao, Y.; Bechtel, H. A.; Martin, M. C.; Xia, X. X.; Marelli, B.; Kaplan, D. L.; Omenetto, F. G.; Liu, M. K.; Tao, T. H., Nanoscale probing of electron-regulated structural transitions in silk proteins by near-field IR imaging and nano-spectroscopy. Nature Communications 2016, 7.
5. Luo, W.; Zhao, T.; Li, Y. H.; Wei, J.; Xu, P. C.; Li, X. X.; Wang, Y. W.; Zhang, W. Q.; Elzatahry, A. A.; Alghamdi, A.; Deng, Y. H.; Wang, L. J.; Jiang, W.; Liu, Y.; Kong, B.; Zhao, D. Y., A Micelle Fusion-Aggregation Assembly Approach to Mesoporous Carbon Materials with Rich Active Sites for Ultrasensitive Ammonia Sensing. Journal of the American Chemical Society 2016, 138, (38), 12586-12595.
6. Ren, Y.; Zhou, X. R.; Luo, W.; Xu, P. C.; Zhu, Y. H.; Li, X. X.; Cheng, X. W.; Deng, Y. H.; Zhao, D. Y., Amphiphilic Block Copolymer Templated Synthesis of Mesoporous Indium Oxides with Nanosheet-Assembled Pore Walls. Chemistry of Materials 2016, 28, (21), 7997-8005.
7. Wang, Z. R.; Zhu, Y. H.; Luo, W.; Ren, Y.; Cheng, X. W.; Xu, P. C.; Li, X. X.; Deng, Y. H.; Zhao, D. Y., Controlled Synthesis of Ordered Mesoporous Carbon-Cobalt Oxide Nanocomposites with Large Mesopores and Graphitic Walls. Chemistry of Materials 2016, 28, (21), 7773-7780. （封面文章）
8. Chen, F.; Li, X. X.; Kraft, M., Electromechanical Sigma-Delta Modulators (Sigma Delta M) Force Feedback Interfaces for Capacitive MEMS Inertial Sensors: A Review. IEEE Sensors Journal 2016, 16, (17), 6476-6495.
9. Tang, Q. C.; He, Q. S.; Li, M. Y.; Dong, C.; Xu, D. C.; Li, X. X., Wireless Alarm Microsystem Self-Powered by Vibration-Threshold-Triggered Energy Harvester. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 2016, 63, (4), 2447-2456.
10. Yang, Q. Q.; Zhou, X. F.; Sobelman, G. E.; Li, X. X., Network-on-Chip for Turbo Decoders. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (Vlsi) Systems 2016, 24, (1), 338-342.
11. Yan, D.; Xu, P. C.; Xiang, Q.; Mou, H. R.; Xu, J. Q.; Wen, W. J.; Li, X. X.; Zhang, Y., Polydopamine nanotubes: bio-inspired synthesis, formaldehyde sensing properties and thermodynamic investigation. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2016, 4, (9), 3487-3493.
12. Zhou, X. R.; Zhu, Y. H.; Luo, W.; Ren, Y.; Xu, P. C.; Elzatahry, A. A.; Cheng, X. W.; Alghamdi, A.; Deng, Y. H.; Zhao, D. Y., Chelation-assisted soft-template synthesis of ordered mesoporous zinc oxides for low concentration gas sensing. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2016, 4, (39), 15064-15071.
13. Yu, F.; Wang, J. C.; Xu, P. C.; Li, X. X., A Tri-Beam Dog-Bone Resonant Sensor With High-Q in Liquid for Disposable Test-Strip Detection of Analyte Droplet. Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems 2016, 25, (2), 244-251.
14. Li, X. X.; Ni, Z.; Gu, L.; Wu, Z. Z.; Yang, C., Micromachined high-performance RF passives in CMOS substrate. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 2016, 26, (11).
15. Chen, C. Z.; Xu, P. C.; Li, X. X., Plasma Tuning Effect on Silanol-Density of Silicon Substrate for Optimal Vapor-Phase Growth of Self-Assembled Monolayers. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 2016, 16, (9), 9651-9659.
16. Yu, H. T.; Chen, Y.; Xu, P. C.; Xu, T. G.; Bao, Y. Y.; Li, X. X., ？-'Diving suit' for liquid-phase high-Q resonant detection. Lab on a Chip 2016, 16, (5), 902-910.
17. Chen, C. Z.; Chen, Y.; Xu, P. C.; Li, X. X., Silicon micro-cantilever chemical sensors fabricated in double-layer silicon-on-insulator (SOI) wafer. Microsystem Technologies-Micro-and Nanosystems-Information Storage and Processing Systems 2016, 22, (8), 1959-1965.
18. Zhao, T.; Luo, W.; Deng, Y. H.; Luo, Y. F.; Xu, P. C.; Liu, Y.; Wang, L. J.; Ren, Y.; Jiang, W., Monodisperse mesoporous TiO2 microspheres for dye sensitized solar cells. Nano Energy 2016, 26, 16-25.
19. Kundhikanjana, W.; Sheng, Z. G.; Yang, Y. L.; Lai, K. J.; Ma, E. Y.; Cui, Y. T.; Kelly, M. A.; Nakamura, M.; Kawasaki, M.; Tokura, Y.; Tang, Q. C.; Zhang, K.; Li, X. X.; Shen, Z. X., Direct Imaging of Dynamic Glassy Behavior in a Strained Manganite Film (vol 115, 265701, 2015). Physical Review Letters 2016, 116, (1).
20. Li, S. S.; Crovetto, A.; Peng, Z. T.; Zhang, A.; Hansen, O.; Wang, M. J.; Li, X. X.; Wang, F., Bi-resonant structure with piezoelectric PVDF films for energy harvesting from random vibration sources at low frequency. Sensors and Actuators a-Physical 2016, 247, 547-554.
21. Chen, Y.; Xu, P.; Xu, T.; Zheng, D.; Li, X. X., ZnO-nanowire size effect induced ultra-high sensing response to ppb-level H 2 S. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 2017, 240, 264-272.